Fine dining at InterContinental Sydney
A Taste Of… at InterContinental Sydney’s Cafe Opera is in its second year. InterContinental Sydney’s executive chef Tamas Pamer and executive sous chef Julien Pouteau create unique degustation menus to showcase the freshest ingredients from some of Australia’s finest local producers.
Both hailing from Europe where five star hotels are home to fine dining restaurants, they see these seasonal degustation feasts as a step in the right direction. This year, there will be three in the series, the first being The Dairy; a cheese-lovers dream. Guests will be treated to a selection of five dishes from starter to dessert, all featuring sumptuous cheeses.
Tamas and Julien talks to noodlies about the inspiration behind A Taste Of… in the featured video above. They also describe, in mouthwatering detail the five courses that make up The Dairy – watch it and salivate.
A Taste Of… The Dairy
- Beetroot Cured Trout fromage frais, chive, pickle cucumber (above)
- Jannei Goat Milk Pudding young pine needle, caramelised turnip, buckwheat
- Butter Milk Roasted Barossa Chicken chestnut mushroom, potato maxim, cheddar emulsion (below)
- Baked Reblochon (The Mountain Man) config fig, walnut bread
- Brie Custard apple, thyme honey, brioche, macadamia
Five dishes and matching wines: $150 per person
Five dishes: $110 per person
Hurry, A Taste Of… The Dairy ends 30th April.
Look out for the next A Taste Of… series:
- A Taste Of… Head to Tail (lamb) May 26th – June 21st
- A Taste Of… Foraged Feasting – July 14th – August 11th
For more information visit the InterContinental Sydney website or call 02 9240 1396.
This sumptuous noodlies, Sydney food blog experience and the stunning photos were courtesy of the lovely folks at InterContinental Sydney.