NOTE: There’s an updated listing here.
Noodlies Top Australian Food Blogs
Here it is folks, the most comprehensive list of food blogs in Australia.
During July last year, noodlies, Sydney food blog kicked off a project to rank the top 30 Sydney food blogs by estimated traffic. Today, the list covers capital cities in every state and territory – 1,035 Australian food blogs, in fact. It’s an Australian first – no other list is as extensive. Restaurant review blogs, recipe blogs, blogs about desserts, food and travel blogs – there’s literally something for everyone.
For now, please enjoy reading these amazing 1,035 Australian based food blogs!
Top Australian Food Blogs as at 28 September 2014
- Top Australian food blog What’s on the List
- Top ACT food blog Bizzy Lizzy’s Good Things
- Top Adelaide food blog What’s on the List
- Top Brisbane food blog Orgasmic Chef
- Top Darwin food blog Darwin Foodies
- Top Melbourne food blog The World loves Melbourne
- Top Perth food blog Chomp Chomp
- Top Sydney food blog Not Quite Nigella
- Top Tasmanian blog Living Loving Hobart
[table id=7 /]
TABLE LEGEND & THINGS TO NOTE
- Rank column is the current rank. The lower the rank, the higher the estimated traffic.
- Blog is the food blog name, click to read that blog.
- Alexa Rank is a website ranking system developed by Alexa, a subsidiary of US giant, Amazon. Alexa’s traffic estimates are based on data from their global traffic panel, which includes millions of internet users using one of over 25,000 different browser extensions. Please note it’s an estimation of blog traffic and rank, I’m sure even Amazon would concede this. But with this incredible number of food blogs, Alexa is the only freely available tool available to try order the list.
- Loc is the primary location of the blog, a three letter code is used for each city, for example, syd for Sydney, mel for Melbourne etc.
A FINAL NOTE IN RELATION TO BLOGS WITHOUT A RANK
There are a few reasons why some blogs don’t have a rank:
- New blogs
- Low traffic
Noodlies intends to publish updates quarterly: at the end of March, June, September, December.
This list would not have been possible without the generous help of interstate bloggers who helped compile the list for their city. Kudos to:
- Lizzy from Bizzy Lizzy’s Good Things (ACT)
- Mel from Mel Kettle Consulting (Brisbane)
- Ed from Tomatom (Melbourne)
- Martine from Chomp Chomp (Perth)
And also thanks to the lovely Marie Najjar from Weber Shandwick for helping spread the word!
- If your food blog is not listed above, please leave a comment and I’ll add your blog in the next round. Leaving a comment here helps me track your request. Emails may get lost given the volume I get each day.
- Were you surprised there were that many food blogs in Australia?
- Any other suggestions?
For now, happy reading!