Yes sir, Oyster Hour is back!
$1 oysters, get them while you can during Oyster Hour from 6pm every day in August.
Oysters and Pommery Champagne greet Noodlies, Sydney food blog at a media preview of the return of The Morrison’s Oyster Festival.
We’re treated to a medley of oyster hits; Sean Connelly tempts us with oyster sliders, freshly shucked oysters, oyster chowder, oyster omelette, even carpetbag steak.
For me, when oyster is on the menu, it’s a business lunch and I’m concentrating on my guest rather than the dainty morsel. With a chance to concentrate on my palate, it’s a revelation; the pacific oysters is a clean mouthful thanks to nutrients from the Antarctic, and Sydney rock oysters, oh my, the full bodied taste that leaves a lasting impression.
Together with matching James Squire beer, it’s all a heady, intoxicating tour de force and the punters at this preview (me included) lap it up.
Simon and Sean took to the counter for a vigorous and a tad cheeky oyster eating competition, another feature of the month long Festival.
The Morrison Oyster Festival, August 2014. Highlights:
- Oyster Hour: $1 oysters from 6-7pm
- Oyster Menu: Chef Sean Connolly’s fav oyster dishes including carpetbag steak and oyster chowder
- Oyster Eating Competititon: Tuesday, 19th August, 7.30pm. How fast can you down three dozen oysters?
- Wine and Oyster Flight: oysters and matching wines
- Champagne and Oysters: oysters is perfect with bubbles
- Oyster Masterclass: learn how to shuck oysters, how to spot the perfect oyster
THE MORRISON BAR & OYSTER ROOM
225 George St, Sydney
02 9247 6744
Noodlies, Sydney food blog and guest enjoyed the media preview as a guest of The Morrison and Savannah PR. Photos supplied.