Global “Taste of Korea” Contest 2015.
Rate your Korean cooking? Create your own bulgogi inspired dish for chance to win a trip to Korea to compete for the ultimate first prize of US$10,000. Noodlies, Sydney food blog reckons that’s a fantastic incentive.
Hurry! Deadline for applications is Wednesday, 8th July 2015.
Korean Cultural Centre Australia will hold a Global “Taste of Korea” Contest 2015 on 18th July 2015 in Western Kitchen, Crows Nest TAFE. The aim of this contest is to share the culture and taste of Korea with people around the world. See all the fun and excitement from last year’s contest in the video below.
How to enter
- Cook ‘One Plate of Bulgogi’ by yourself, and send a photo of it with the application form by 8th July.
- Up to 16 participants in the preliminary round will be selected after reviewing of the applications. The final preliminary round participants will be announced on 10th July.
- 16 final participants will cook the same dish on the application form for the preliminary round.
- Download the application form
- Cook one dish of Bulgogi and fill in the application form.
- Send us the application form (3 pages) and two photos including: 1.Your plate of Bulgogi and .You with your dish (your bulgogi + yourself) Email to : [email protected]
- Only contents written in English will be evaluated.
- Participants will be given one hour to cook Bulgogi.
- KCC will prepare the ingredients for the preliminary rounds, but if you want to bring your own ingredients, please contact us individually.
- YouTube or photos of yourself cooking Korean foods will be additional points (0~5) to judging criteria
- Should you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact: [email protected]
- Date: Sat. 18th July 2015
- Time: 12:00pm
- Venue : Western Kitchen, Crows Nest TAFE
- Topic : One dish of freestyle Bulgogi
- Deadline for applications: Wed. 8th July 2015
- Any Korean Food Lovers with Australian Nationality
- No Korean Ethnic Background
- Legally able to travel to Korea
- Able to travel between 20th Aug 2015- 28th Aug 2015 to Korea for the final round
Prize for Preliminary Round in Australia
- 1st : Travel to Korea and participate in the final round of “Taste of Korea” Flight and Accommodation provided Becoming the Australian Ambassador of Korean Foods Korean celebrities will be invited in the competition. The winner of Australia will be introduced in a book of Korean Food recipe Final Winner in Korea : 10,000 USD
- 2nd : $500 gift voucher
- 3rd : $300 gift voucher
- Special award such as the best culinary, the most tasty food and etc
- Gift Set for all participants in preliminary round
For more information, please visit Korean Cultural Centre website.
Video and image courtesy of the Korean Cultural Centre, Australia.