Friday July 5, 2013
NewsLifeMedia’s group publisher of food brands Fiona Nilsson today announced the food director and line-up of contributors for taste.com.au magazine.
Ms Nilsson said: “Brodee Myers-Cooke has put together a fantastic food team for taste.com.au magazine with leading Australian food director Michelle Southan and an exceptional team of contributors. From concept through to the home cook’s finished recipe, Michelle delivers visually appealing, clever and achievable dishes every time. I’m thrilled we have secured her for this role.”
“We’ve done extensive research and the contributors we have secured for the magazine are the key personalities that resonate with the taste.com.au audience. They are some of Australia’s most-loved and respected chefs, foodies and personalities and this magazine is where they will come to have fun! They will all appear in a contextual way, delivering something unique to the magazine that reflects what they are well known for.”
Here’s who’s at the taste.com.au magazine table:
- Each month in ‘Table for Two’ Manu Feildel will reveal the secrets of not-so-scary fine dining and will present his dream dishes for a romantic dinner for two, with a French accent, of course.
- Adriano Zumbo will call on Australia to try his stunt dish of the month, which will come with a rating out of 10 for difficulty. For the first issue he is releasing his take on the pastry craze that’s swept through New York.
- In ‘Let’s Cook’ Marion Grasby will lead readers step-by-step through her favourite recipes, revealing little known cooking secrets and introducing new dishes the family will love, such as the amazingly delicious Vietnamese street food dish, Bun Cha.
- Take a cook with a fine dining resume and make the food casual and that’s what Darren Robertson will serve up in ‘Smart Casual’ every month. This talented chef from Three Blue Ducks believes food should be honest, uncomplicated and really tasty.
- Colin Fassnidge and Louise Fulton Keats join taste.com.au magazine for ‘Naughty & Nice’ which sees Dublin born chef and restaurateur Colin go head-to-head with food and nutrition writer and cookbook author Louise (who also happens to be Margaret Fulton’s granddaughter). Colin will create dishes that are beautiful, delicious and a little bit naughty; and Louise will show you how to play nice with a healthy twist so the food you love loves you back.
- Rounding out the impressive list of personalities is longstanding taste.com.au contributor Matt Preston who will dive into classic dishes like mac ‘n’ cheese and look at their past (where did they come from?), their present (what restaurants are doing with them now?) and dial up the recipe’s next evolution.
- Food director Michelle Southan has over 18 years’ experience in food publishing and media as a food writer and editor across some of Australia’s leading publications including Australian Good Taste, Family Circle, Australian’s Women’s Weekly, The Sunday Telegraph and the national taste.com.au lift-out. With a passion for cooking, Michelle believes that everyone has a great cook inside them – they just need a clever recipe, fresh quality seasonal ingredients and to have fun.
The first issue of taste.com.au magazine will be on sale in early September.